Butterflies are amazing to look at, but imagine how prettier (and yummier) they would be in chocolate cupcake form! These butterfly cupcakes are quite an easy refined sugar-free treat to make. While you’re in there too – why not squeeze in some lessons on metamorphosis? 😉
- 200g Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup Fangks
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ¾ cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml whipped cream
Preheat oven to 180C
- Beat the butter and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating until combined.
- Pour in half of the milk and sift in half of the flour, half the FANGKS and baking powder. Stir until combined. Pour and sift in remaining milk, FANGKS, baking powder and flour.
- Pour into patty pan lined cupcake tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled slice the tops of each cup cake with a sharp knife. Slice the tops in half and set aside
- Dollop the cream on top in the middle of cupcake where the tops were sliced off. Place the sliced cupcake tops in half and place on top of the cream like butterfly wings.
- Sprinkle with extra FANGKS.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes