A homemade bar that’s great in lunchboxes, you can make these oat bars in advance and grab them when you need them! Making your own bars is a great way of knowing exactly what’s in your kids’ food, and avoiding hidden nasties!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15minutes
- 1 cup dates, packed
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/5 cups plain flour
- 250g butter
- 4 tablespoons chocolate FANGKS
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 160C
- Grease and line a 20×18 cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 20 minutes. Process until smooth
- Sift the flour into a bowl and then add the rolled oats, chia seeds and desiccated coconut.
- Heat the butter and FANGKS in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth and remove from heat
- Mix the baking powder with 1 tablespoon of hot water and then combine with the dates, vanilla and FANGKS mix.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients through the oat and flour mix until combined.
- Spread the mix into the baking tray, smooth with the flat of the spoon and then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Stand in the baking tray for 10-15 minutes before using a sharp knife to slice the bars and removing to a wire rack to cool.